European Studies: Europeanization of Governance and Politics
Duration: 2 years
Cost: €1,000 per semester
Description of the programme
The European studies programme is designed for those who are interested in learning more about the politics and governance of the EU’s member states, and wish to gain in-depth knowledge of functioning of various EU institutions, EU policies and the EU challenges in the globalising world. The EU-Russia relations status quo and alternative perspectives are specifically examined. The student should have a good command of English as this is the language of instruction. The programme gives
• in-depth analytical expertise of the EU institutions and policies
• a comprehensive knowledge of Russia, EU-Russian and EU-CIS relations
• awareness of the challenges the EU faces in the dynamic worldInternationally experienced staff
• teaching experience in USA, UK, France, Italy Austria, Finland, China, India
• research and project management know-how in the East and Central-European, Balkan and Mediterranean, Central-Asian and North-American countries
• 80% of the lecturers have Ph.D. degree International student and study environment
Students from Estonia, Europe and around the world (United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil) contribute to a forward-looking and open-minded environment. The students attend study trips to Brussels and St. Petersburg.Innovative study methods make use of wide range of learning tactics
• blended learning
• flip teaching Career options
Graduates from the European Studies’ programme will be able to work as international experts, diplomats, national and local officials, political observers and in many other fields.
Graduates may also continue their academic career as doctoral students in Estonia and all over the world. Prerequisites
Motivation letter: should be submitted with admission documents.
Interview: When all the documents have been submitted applicants will have an interview with the staff of the curriculum. The objective of the interview is to meet in person with all the applicants and discuss their motivation letter. Interviews can be done via internet, e.g. using Skype (NB! a web-camera is required). Please note that the candidate is expected to bring to the admission interview their Bachelor’s Thesis and the review(s). Motivation letter templateContact
Institute of Political Science and Governance
Phone: +372 6830 456
Read also about short courses in Tallinn Summer School!