Application procedure for international applicants with the Estonian ID
If you are considering applying for an Estonian-based programme in Tallinn University the application procedure is as follows:
1. Find the programme you are interested in applying for. If you know English at B2 level or Estonian at A2 level, you can apply for either programmes thats language of instruction is Estonian or English. Make sure what are the programme specific requirements. Each programme has the programme prerequisites listed under the description of the programme. The English programmes are foundable here and the Estonian programmes here and here.
3. Take your documents to Estonian ENIC/NARIC centre for evaluation if your previous education is from outside of Estonia. If you do not have the chance to take the documents for evaluation yourself, you can send them to the admissions office to the following address:
Academic Affairs Office
Narva mnt. 25
Please note that sending your documents to the admissions office for processing costs 80 euros. Please see information about paying the documents processing fee here.
4. Apply online in SAIS (application system open 25.06.2017 - 4.07.2017)
5. If your previous education is from outside of Estonia, please send the application documents to the admissions office including:
- the proof of Estonian language proficiency for at least A2 level*** or an internationally recognized English proof of proficiency for at least B2 level, please see here.
- notarized educational documents in the original language and a notarized translations into English. Please see the country specific requirements here. If your country is not listed, there are no country specific requirements for your country.
- ENIC/NARIC centres’ evaluation for your educational documents if you will send your documents to the centre yourself
- Copy of your passport
If your previous eduation is from Estonia, no paper copies of your educational documents will be needed.
* Bachelor level applicants are expected to send their secondary education documents; Master level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor level documents; Doctoral level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor and Master level documents.
** At least 60% of the possible maximum results is expected from the previous degree when applying for the Bachelor or Master level.
*** There is a possiblity to take the Estonian language test in Tallinn University. The language test will be held on 07.07.17, at 9:00, room S-412. Please register for the test by sending an e-mail to vastuvott....at....humanitaar.ee
6. You will be notified of the time and place of the admission exam.
7. Temporary residence permit renewal for applicants from Non-EU/EEA countries