JRM 2016: 8th Junior Researchers Meeting in Applied Linguistics
RE:THINKING APPLIED LINGUISTICS: MOBILITY, DIVERSITY AND COMMUNICATION
Meeting Point: Tallinn, Estonia
Date: 19-21 May 2016
The Estonian Association for Applied Linguistics (EAAL) and AILA-Europe welcome You to the 8th Junior Researchers Meeting in Applied Linguistics (JRM 2016) to be held in Tallinn, the beautiful capital of Estonia, from Thursday 19 May 2016 to Saturday 21 May 2016. The Conference will be hosted by Tallinn University in association with the Estonian Association for Applied Linguistics (EAAL) and the Institute of the Estonian Language (IEL).
The JRM 2016 follows the traditions of previous meetings of bringing together young researchers in Applied Linguistics to present their research, both the final results as well the work in progress, and to communicate interactively and informally.
The JRM 2016 will focus on Applied Linguistics as a broad area of studies in language use and application of linguistic knowledge in society. A paper may present also work in progress. We welcome presentations and posters in the following areas (other topics may also be accepted):
1. Languages in society and education, language education policies
2. Visual literacy and verbal communication
3. Languages of schooling/instruction
4. CLIL, subject literacy, etc.
5. Integration of local and foreign language teaching
6. Minority and regional languages learning/teaching
7. Second and foreign language learning/teaching
8. Modern lexicography and linguistic resources