Tallinn University School of Governance, Law and Society welcomes qualified international students from around the world to apply for our study programmes taught in English.
We offer internationally recognised degree programmes from Bachelor to PhD level, taught in a creative and interdisciplinary atmosphere.
Degree programmes for 2018 entry
|Liberal Arts in Social Sciences|
|Politics and Governance|
|New! Social Entrepreneurship|
|New! Human Rights in the Digital Society|
|Government and Politics|
Tallinn University admission procedure is a two-step procedure which means that there are also two deadlines. The first deadline is for submitting your application online and the second deadline is for sending the required application documents to the university by post*.
The admission for the academic year 2018/2019 is open from January 8, 2018 until the following deadlines:
- Non-EU/EEA applicants (except applicants from Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia):
Deadline for submitting your application: 1 April, 2018
Deadline for sending your documents by post: 20 April, 2018
- Applicants from Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia:
Deadline for submitting your application: 1 June, 2018
Deadline for sending your documents by post: 20 June, 2018
- EU/EEA citizens:
Deadline for submitting your application: 1 July, 2018
Deadline for sending your documents by post: 15 July, 2018
- Finnish and Latvian citizens who have obtained general secondary education in Finland or Latvia for Bachelor level programmes (except Audiovisual Media BA):
Deadline for submitting your application: 15 August, 2018
Deadline for sending your documents by post: 24 August, 2018
* The documents by post will be requested from the applicant in case they receive positive feedback in the first stage of the application procedure.
Students graduating from upper secondary schools or universities in Spring 2018 who are not able to submit their educational certificates by the requested deadline are asked to contact the International Admission Specialists.
Requirements and Procedures for Degree Study Admission 2018 can be found here.
Bachelor level (BA) applicants are required to have completed their secondary education and possess university eligibility. At least 60% of the possible maximum results is expected.
Need to be sent by post after filling in the online application form*:
- Application cover printed from the online application system
- Copy of a secondary education certificate (translation is requested if this document is not in English); both copy and translation must be attested by a notary
- Transcript of Records (translation is requested if this document is not in English); both copy and translation must be attested by a notary
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of the identification page of passport
* The applicant will be given feedback in the online application system after the the required documents have been submitted online.
Can be uploaded to the online application system:
Receipt of payment of the application fee (80 EUR)
Please also read country specific requirements. Some countries may have different requirements for required documents.
Minimum programme enrollment threshold: 65 points out of 100.
Please read about the programme specific requirements.
For the purposes of identity verification at the admission procedure the Admission Committee has the right to take a screenshot during the oral part of the admission exam carried out via video bridge.
Get Your International Applicant Guide and Ask a Question
Here you can have a personal International Applicant Guide that helps you in the process of becoming a student at Tallinn University and ask a question about application procedure from our admission specialists.
Get tips on how to choose a programme that fits your interests and how to apply to our university. Find practical information about getting to Estonia and living here.Download!
In case you have any questions about the application procedure, do not hesitate to contact us. Our admission specialists are more than happy to help you!Ask!
If you are interested in studying at Tallinn University School of Governance, Law and Society for one to two semesters, you can join us as an exchange student. In addition, Tallinn Summer and Winter School offers a 3-week programme in July and in January, which include courses in various fields presented by the best Estonian and foreign internationally acclaimed academics, opinion leaders and intellectuals.
In any case, School of Governance, Law and Society has a lot in store for you.
|If you have any questions about the study possibilities at Tallinn University, please contact us:|
||admissions....at....tlu.ee||Phone: +372 6409234|
|Exchange studies||exchange....at....tlu.ee||Phone: +372 6409 217|
|Open University||marge.korvits....at....tlu.ee||Phone: +372 640 9139|
|Tallinn Summer and Winter School||tss....at....tlu.ee||Phone: +372 6409218|