Get a Firshand Look at the American System of Government with a Scholaship
The Fund for American Studies has a full scholarship available for an Estonian student to attend one of five summer institutes held in Washington, DC. Each program enables students to get a first-hand look at the American system of government by living, learning, and interning in Washington for eight weeks.
The following Institutes will be held from June 2 – July 27, 2018:
- · Engalitcheff Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems: For students interested in economics and government
- · Institute on Economics and International Affairs: For students interested in international affairs and economics
- · Institute on Political Journalism: For students interested in journalism or communications
- · Institute on Business and Government Affairs: For students interested in how business influences government and the political process
- · Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service: For students interested in nongovernmental organizations or civil society
Students live in the heart of Washington, DC and take two courses accredited by George Mason University, while interning for approximately 30 hours per week. Experts from the journalism, business, public policy and nonprofit sectors engage students in weekly dialogues on campus and locations such the World Bank and Capitol Hill.
Application and Scholarship Information
All students must complete the online application available at www.DCinternships.org and follow the specific application instructions for international students. Detailed may be found here: http://www.dcinternships.org/wp-content/uploads/International-Students.pdf.
The application deadline for Estonian students is January 22, 2018.
The scholarships are available through the generous support of Louis DeJoy and his wife, former U.S. Ambassador to Estonia Aldona Wos. Scholarship funding includes tuition, housing and a travel stipend.
The $25 application fee will be waived for Estonian applicants.
Questions about the programs or application process may be directed to Mallie Woodfin, Recruitment and Admissions Manager, at mwoodfin....at....tfas.org or 202-986-0384.