Dora Plus Action 2
Sub-action 2.1 Inclusion of foreign Master’s students and doctoral students
The goals of this action are to support foreign Master’s and doctoral students studying in Estonia, thereby contributing to the exchange of knowledge, to make the local study process more internationalised and to increase the amount of highly educated workers in Estonia in the long run. As a result of the sub-action, the capability of Estonian higher education institutions to accept international students will increase, as will the numbers of Master’s and Doctoral students attending Estonian schools.
Support is offered to talented foreign Master’s and doctoral students in Estonian universities. Support is offered to foreign doctoral students in full-time studies until the end of the nominal time of their studies and to guest doctoral students for short-term teaching and research work in Estonia (1-10 months). Foreign Master’s students can only obtain a grant when studying in Estonia full-time and for one academic year at a time.
The grant can be awarded to a Master’s or PhD student of Tallinn University:
- who is a full time international master’s student at Tallinn University, i.e. has received 54EAP during their first year of studies;
- who is not a resident of the Republic of Estonia;
- who is not a citizen of Estonia;
- whose country of residence is not Estonia;
- who does not have a permanent residence permit/long-term residence permit;
- who studies on a nationally certified programme, which is 100% non-Estonian;
- who has not been in Estonia for more than one year during the past three years, except when they have studied and graduated from a Master’s programme at an Estonian university, and will continue their studies at Tallinn University on 1 September;
- who does not receive additional support from other sources. The student will have to confirm the fact. There are exceptions according to the Archimedes statute: studies can be covered from the resources allocated to the university by the Ministry of Education and Research, the Dora Pluss short-term study mobility grants offered to Master’s and PhD students, or the smart specialisation grants.
The scholarship for foreign Master’s students is 350 euros per month. The scholarship could be awarded for one academic year for Master´s students, i.e. 10 calendar months at a time.
The grant for PhD students encompasses the PhD support, as well as the yearly study mobility grant. The scholarship amount will be set by the state budget every year. The amount of mobility support is determined by the distance of the student’s native country from Estonia. For PhD students could the scholarship awarded for 12 calendar months at a time.
Conditions for applying for the scholarship:
- A free format signed application to stand as a candidate is submitted to the Research Administration Office (applies equally to foreign Master’s students and doctoral students) by September 10. The application includes the year of admission, title of the study programme and a confirmation that the student does not receive financial support under other measures. In case of a second year Master’s student, a transcript of records is submitted on paper to the Research Administration Office by May 20 (incl.).
- The applicants’ compliance with the requirements is verified by the Research Administration Office.
Please read before submitting your application: Tallinn University´s procedure for applying for sub-action 2.1
Dora Pluss A2.1 coordinator at TU
Tel: 640 9140