Sub-action 2.2 Support for visiting doctoral students
The scholarship is intended to support visiting doctoral students (hereinafter also referred to as ‘scholarship holder’) who come to study in an Estonian institution of higher education for the time period of one up to ten months (hereinafter also referred to as ‘study mobility’). Study mobility means physical relocation to a foreign country in order to study, participate in training or in non-formal or informal learning.
The scholarship may be applied for by a person who:
- at the time of the scholarship award is a doctoral student in an educational establishment recognised by their country of residence;
- is not a resident of the Republic of Estonia;
- is not a student in an Estonian institution of higher education at the time when the application is submitted;
- has in the past three years not stayed in Estonia for more than one year in total, except in cases where during that period the person studied and completed a Master’s studies in an Estonian institution of higher education.
The scholarship may be applied for studies and research work for the duration of 1-10 months. The grant holder shall be paid a living allowance and a study mobility allowance of a visiting doctoral student.
The living allowance of a doctoral student shall be paid to the scholarship holder during the period in which they stay in Estonia. The minimum rate of the living allowance of a doctoral student shall be 30 days. The scholarship may be awarded several times but no more than the maximum permitted month rate (10 months).
The study mobility allowance shall be paid to the scholarship holder to cover their travelling costs between the university of a foreign country or residence, and the location of an Estonian institution of higher education. No scholarship shall be awarded for travelling only one way. The study mobility allowance shall cover all travel-related costs, including local transport.
The local supervisor of the scholarship holder in TU shall be a lecturer, research employee or creative person (in the field of arts) who has previous experience in supervising doctoral students.
At the time the application is submitted, at least 30 days must remain until the beginning of the scholarship period.
The deadlines of applying for the scholarship within the university shall be:
- 5 October;
- 5 December;
- 5 February;
- 5 April.
The visiting doctoral student in cooperation with the local supervisor shall submit the following documents to the Dora Plus Activity 2.2 coordinator in order to apply for the scholarship:
- application for the scholarship signed by the visiting doctoral student;
- individual work plan signed by the Tallinn University supervisor specifying the objective (up to two pages in total) for the period of staying in Estonia;
- letter of confirmation signed by the Tallinn University supervisor with a written consent to supervise the visiting doctoral student;
- proof of immatriculation of the scholarship holder from home university regarding their doctoral studies;
- copy of the ID card/passport.
Tel: +372 640 9363