Once You Have Arrived
1. Check the timetables.
2. Take part in the Orientation days for international students.
3. Obtain Tallinn University e-mail account (room: S-203, Silva building).
4. Register for courses - please respect the registration deadlines set by the academic calendar (September 11, 2017 and February 5, 2018). You can only register for courses after you have opened the university email account in person.
6. Sign a tenancy agreement in your dormitory or private apartment.
7. If you are a non-EU student, who does not need a visa to enter Estonia and you are staying in Estonia for more than three months, then you have to apply for the long-term visa - D-visa - in Estonia. Please book an appointment online.
8. If you are an EU student, please go to the Population Register to register your place of residence. After you have registered your place of residence, please go to Citizenship and Migration Bureau (P. Pinna 4 or A. H. Tammsaare tee 47) to apply for the Estonian ID card. Please book an appointment online. With the ID card you can use the public transportation for free in Tallinn, use it as a library card, and electronically load money onto the card to make copies.
9. You can apply for an Estonian Student Card or ISIC card at www.minukool.ee. For additional information go to the Student Union (room S-140).
10. Confirmation about your student status can be received from the International Student Adviser (room T-215; office hours: Monday-Thursday 14:00-16:30).
11. Consider whether you need to open a bank account in Estonia. Opening the bank account is free of charge for residents of the EU. For non-residents opening the account can cost around 200 euros. With a document proving your student status at Tallinn Unviersity, you can open the bank account for free in Swedbank and LHV Bank.
12. Obtain a library card (www.tlulib.ee).
NB! The Citizenship and Migration Bureau has photo booths which can be used for taking photos for the ID card. Additionally, you can take photos at Viru Shopping Center (Viru Square 4).