- Professor Tiit Land, since 2011
Professor Tiit Land was inaugurated Rector of Tallinn University on
15 May, 2011.
- born 25 September 1964
- 1989 - graduated cum laude from the Faculty of Physics and Chemistry, University of Tartu
- 1994 - defended doctoral dissertation about neurochemistry and neurotoxicology in Stockholm University
- 1994–1999 - researcher, National Institutes of Health, USA
- 1999–2006 - researcher and lecturer, Department Neurochemistry and Neurotoxicology, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2007 - chemistry professor, Tallinn University, Institute of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Department of Natural Sciences
- 2008–2011 - director, Tallinn University, Institute of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Department of Natural Sciences
Tiit Land's main fields of research are biochemistry, neurochemistry and biotechnology.
He has supervised 4 doctoral dissertations.
- Professor Rein Raud, 2006-2011
- Professor Mati Heidmets, rector of Tallinn Pedagogical University / Tallinn University, 2001-2006