Rectorial Election 2016
On November 9th 2015 Tallinn University announced the election for Rector for the period of May 15th 2016 – May 14th 2021.
According to the Tallinn University Statute, candidates can be set up by any and all academic unit councils, ¼ of the Senate jointly, 8 members of the Advisory Board jointly, and the current Rector.
- A candidate can be any elected professor with a PhD or equivalent degree.
- Candidacy could be set up until January 4th, 2016 at 4PM.
- The Rector was elected by an electoral body on February 8th 2016 - Tiit Land is the next Rector.
- The new term of office will begin on May 15th 2016 and last for five years.
The candidates for the Rectorial Election were:
The Senate named an electoral committee to organise the elections. The members were:
- Reili Argus, Professor, School of Humanities
- Britt Järvet, Vice-Chairperson of Tallinn University Student Union
- Krista Loogma, Professor and Senior Researcher, School of Educational Sciences
- Daniele Monticelli, Head of Electoral Committee; Professor, School of Humanities
- Marge Unt, Senior Researcher, School of Governance, Law and Society
Telephone: 640 9121