Tallinn University has opened the autumn admission for the following PhD programmes in four focus fields:
|Academic Unit||Programme||Research Topic||Number of Places||More Information and Application|
|School of Digital Technologies||Information Society Technologies||Game Design Pattern Recognition in Mobile Games||1||Read more|
|School of Digital Technologies||Information Society Technologies||Exploring ICT-enabled performer-audience communication||1||Read More|
|School of Educational Sciences||
|Critical Thinking in Discovery Learning (for STEM education): A Cognitive-Computational Approach||1||Read More|
|School of Natural Sciences and Health||Ecology||Functional and response diversity of urban green commons||1||Read more|
Application Process and Deadlines
- 1 November, 2018 - deadline for submitting your application
- 2-7 November, 2018 - admission exams
- 15 November, 2018 - deadline for sending your documents by post
- 28 January, 2019 - the beginning of studies
Doctoral Level (PhD) applicants must have a research MA Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience. A doctoral programme requires considerably more original work than a research Master's programme. The thesis should provide evidence that the candidate has not only made a substantial original contribution to his/her field, but also that he/she has in-depth knowledge of the specific area in which he/she has worked. The duration of Doctoral programmes is 4 years.
Need to be sent by post after filling in the online application form*:
- Application cover printed from the online application system
- Copy of a Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary
- Copy of a Master’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary
- Plan for the doctoral thesis signed by the prospective supervisor
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of the identification page of passport
* The applicant will be given feedback in the online application system after the the required documents have been submitted online.
Can be uploaded to the online application system:
- Receipt of payment of the application fee (80 EUR)
Minimum programme enrollment threshold: 75 points out of 100.
For the purposes of identity verification at the admission procedure the Admission Committee has the right to take a screenshot during the oral part of the admission exam carried out via video bridge.
For additional requirements please read programme specific requirements.
Please also read about the country specific requirements.
For additional guidelines on admission procedure please contact the international admission specialist:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: tu.degree (Thursdays 10:00-12:00 GMT+2) NB! Please schedule for a Skype session via e-mail.