The conference is organized by the staff of Philosophy curriculum. This time, the conference is international, being divided into two parallel sessions in Estonian and in English
. The conference has two keynotes: Jevgeni Ossinovski, Estonian politician who has studied philosophy, and well-known Finnish philosopher Esa Saarinen. Everybody is welcome to attend presentations and participate in discussions.
The presentations tackle some of the following issues:
THE UTILITY OF PHILOSOPHY:
– Does philosophy have to be useful or practical?
– What does the utility of philosophy consist in?
– What is the relationship between philosophy and science?
– What, if any, wider social role has philosophy had and still has in Estonia?
THE FUTILITY OF PHILOSOPHY:
– Can (or must) philosophy be futile?
– Should philosophy raise questions or provide answers?
– What is the future of philosophy?
THE USE OF PHILOSOPHY:
– The utilisation of philosophical disciplines (metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, etc.) outside
– Collaboration between philosophical disciplines and science.