Call for abstracts
All presenters are requested to submit an abstract (max. 500 words, excluding contact details and references), irrespective of whether their contribution is a) a session paper or b) a presentation in a plenary.
The abstracts must be submitted in English. The book of abstracts will be published on the conference website http://www.tlu.ee/en/nordicbaltic2018.
Please send your abstract to nordicbaltic2018....at....tlu.ee by February 28, 2018. Abstracts will be evaluated by April 1. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by April 16.
Scope of conference sessions
- The role of Impact Assessment as an Instrument for Sustainable Governance (plenary)
- Effectiveness in Impact Assessment (plenary)
- IA as a facilitator for achieving the Sustainability Development Goals (plenary)
- The implications of power relations in planning and IA
- IA's role in change towards circular economy
- Stakeholder engagement – critical reflections
- Legal frameworks of IA and their effectiveness from the sustainability perspective
- Socio-economic, cultural, and health impacts in IA
- Biodiversity, ecosystem services, and Appropriate Assessment of Natura 2000 areas in IA
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation in IA
- Strategic planning and SEA usage in industry and energetics
- Planning and IA in transport and logistics
- Planning and IA of developments in marine areas (the Baltic Sea and the Arctic Ocean)
- Strategic planning and SEA – is there a need for spatial impact assessment?
- Data acquisition, handling, and dissemination in IA
- How to recognise a good IA expert?
- IA in education
*Please note that the list is preliminary and subject to change during the preparatory phase of the conference.