- Thesis must be submitted no later than 08 January 2019 by 3 p.m to room S-409.
- The defences will take place from 21 January to 27 January 2019.
- Registration for the graduation exam (if the curriculum ends with the exam) will take place in S-409 until 8 January 2019.
The thesis must be submitted in one bound copy and in one electronic copy.
- The electronic copy of the thesis must be sent to the advisor of your curriculum in PDF format. The name of the electronic file must have the author’s name.
- With the thesis must be submitted a licence which permits the publishing of the electronic thesis in the Tallinn University Academic Library repository ETERA. Please do not bind the licence to your thesis, submit it on separate sheets with the paper copy of your thesis.
- With the electronic copy must be sent an information form (Please pay meticulous attention to your thesis title in Estonian and in English as these will be entered into the database and will appear as part of your graduation documents).
- The thesis title page (use paper copy) must have your supervisor’s signature which confirms that your thesis is ready to be submitted.
- The Tallinn University School of Humanities demands the confirmation of authorship: on the reverse of the title page the author of the thesis must sign a confirmation that all the sources have been appropriately referenced and quoted. The text that must be used:
“I hereby confirm that I am the sole author of the thesis submitted. All the works and conceptual viewpoints by other authors that I have used, as well as data deriving from sources have been appropriately attributed.”
The thesis can be defended only when the rest of the curriculum has been fulfilled and all graduation requirements met. All results must be in the database at the latest three days before defence. All the results still pending at the time of submission must be listed on the information form submitted with the thesis.
The external examiner report will be sent to student’s tlu.ee email at the latest one working day before the defence.
The slide show used during the defence must be uploaded at the latest one working day before the defence to the link sent to the student. The name of the file must be the student’s name. During the defence we will provide a computer so that the slide show can be accessed.
All BA and MA students must submit their application for confirming their thesis topic during the last nominal year of studies. The application form is here.
The application must also be submitted by the students who have exceeded nominal study time but have not yet submitted the application.
Application should prefarably be submitted electronically to Maris Peters or brought to her office S-408 by 16th October. Please make sure that all the fields of the application are filled in and that it is (digitally) signed by both the student and the supervisor.
The Style Sheet for BA and MA Thesis at the School of Humanities
|Anthropology (HIANM.HT):||Associate Professor Carlo Cubero, Professor Helen Sooväli-Sepping, Senior Research Fellow Eeva Kesküla, Lecturer Marje Ermel, Lecturer Polina Tšerkassova|
|Comparative Literature and Cultural Semiotics (HIKSM.HT):||Associate Professor Eneken Laanes, Professor Daniele Monticelli, Associate Professor Anne Lange, PhD Piret Peiker|