Cross-media Associate Professor works at the Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication Institute of Tallinn University and has the following tasks:
- Coordinating and developing the cross-media curriculum;
- Teaching subjects in cross-media and audience studies in English-language Bachelor and Master programs;
- Supervision of graduation theses in (cross) media master's programs;
- Supervision of graduation theses in (cross) media undergraduate curricula;
- Participation in the Institute's academic development.
The candidate must meet the requirements for the position of a lecturer in Annex 3 of the Employment Relations Rules. English at a sufficient level (C1) for teaching and conducting teaching. Skills in Estonian or a willingness to learn it is preferential.
In case of recognized creative persons applying for the position of an associate professor or lecturer (excl. didactics teaching staff) and working in relevant positions in the study areas of Media and Communication, and Didactics of Arts, to allow the replacement of the requirement of drawing up and publishing scientific publications with outstanding recognized results achieved in creative activity up to the extent of three publications under categories 1.1, 1.2 or 3.1 on the basis of principles of equalization of creative work with publicizing set out for the fields of art in Tallinn University Employment Relations Rules. Read more here.
Requirements for professional experience
- the candidate must have a PhD in a field closely related to cross-media;
- the candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in teaching at the university, including instructing students;
- the candidate must have led research and development projects in the last five years;
- Candidates with cross-media research and / or experience in cross-media research and / or implementation will be preferred.
A cross-media fulfills the duties of an associate professor according to the Annexes 1 and 3 of Employment Relations Rules.
Workload: 1,00 including teaching at least 28 ECTS per calendar year.
Salary: to be agreed upon according to the Tallinn University Remuneration Regulation.
Language skills: English at the level required for teaching.
Additional information: organisational issues: firstname.lastname@example.org, substantive issues: Tiina Maiberg, email@example.com.
Required application documents. Additionally please submit the digital portfolio of creative activities.