Lecturer on the cinematography is a lecturer in the field of arts who works at the Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School of Tallinn University and has the following tasks:
- Teaching the basics of the camera work to the BA and MA courses of audio-visual media study programs.
- Teaching the camera work on advanced level
- Teaching the basics of color correction
- Teaching the basics of art of lighting
- Curating the Technical Skills Module of the audio-visual media BA program
- Participation in the work of the art-council of the audio-visual media BA program
- Participation in the work of the evaluation committee of the audio-visual media BA program
- Supervising the thesis works of the audio-visual media BA program
- Supervising of the semester works of the audio-visual media BA program
Requirements for the Candidate
The candidate must meet the requirements for the position of a lecturer in Annex 4 of the Employment Relations Rules. English at a sufficient level (C1) for teaching and conducting teaching. Skills in Estonian or a willingness to learn it is preferential.
In specialities falling in the field of arts, an acknowledged public concert, performance, exhibition, audio-visual work or a manifestation of another creative activity shall be considered equal to a publication.
Requirements for professional experience
- The candidate must have a Master of Arts degree in Film Art. He/she is a renowned creative person with at least five years of teaching experience in a higher education institution; He / She must be competent to organize and conduct teaching in his/her field.
- Candidates are expected to be familiar with modern teaching aids, learning environments, teaching methods and their development potential, and to contribute to the development of the field of study.
- The candidate must be fluent in English (both, orally and in writing).
Job responsibilities: According to Annexes 1 and 4 of the Employment Relations Rules.
Workload: 0,50, including teaching volume at least 20 ECTS per calendar year.
Salary: to be agreed upon according to the Tallinn University Remuneration Regulation.
Language skills: English at the level required for study and research.
Required application documents. Additionally please submit the digital portfolio of creative activities.