NHC2020: Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems
Tallinn University, Tallinn, Estonia, 10-13 August 2020
Important notice from the NHC2020 Organizing Committee
Due to the spread of the COVID-19, the Organizing Committee and the Board of the Nordic Association for Hydrology (NHF) have decided to postpone the NHC2020 to summer 2022. The tentative new time for the conference is 15th August – 18th August 2022. The venue will stay the same - Tallinn, Estonia.
All submitted abstracts will be carried over to 2022. At the beginning of 2022, all authors will be contacted and offered the possibility to modify or replace it with a new one. We will inform all personally.
It was nice to cooperate with you all! Thank you for your contribution. We will contact you again before NHC2022 and will have a nice conference then.
Thank you for Your understanding and take care of yourself
On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Uus-Sadama 5, Tallinn, Estonia
After every two years, the Nordic Hydrological Conference (NHC) takes place in a different member country of the Nordic Association for Hydrology (NHF). In August 2020 we are waiting you to Tallinn, Estonia. NHC2020 main topic will be “Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems”. It will offer a great opportunity to discuss not only strictly hydrological questions but also about water as the basis of our whole existence and warrant for human well-being. Functioning water cycle and clean water are one of the most important ecosystem services we have. The NHC2020 will be an excellent venue for dissemination of scientific results and practical applications of hydrological research.
NHC2020 will also celebrate two special events - the 50th Year Anniversary of the Nordic Association for Hydrology and 100 Years of Hydrological Service in Estonia.
- Knowledge gaps in the interactions between hydrology, ecosystems and global change
- Hydrological and ecological modelling
- Approaches for monitoring, assessment, protection and restoration for water and ecosystem services
- Water and ecosystems for human well-being
- Water policy and governance
- Field excursion in karst geomorphology and hydrology of Kohila karst region (Oliver Koit)
- Key elements of scientific writing (Bjørn Kløve)
- Isotope hydrology (Nathan D. Stansell)
- Communicating your science to the public (Arko Olesk)
Join NHF by filling in the application form at http://nhf-hydrology.org
- Tarmo Soomere (president of Estonian Academy of Sciences, Estonia)
- Nathan D. Stansell (Northern Illinois University, USA)
- Pertti Ala-aho (University of Oulu, Finland)
- Brian Kronvang (Aarhus University, Denmark)
- Håkan Tropp (OECD Water Governance Programme)
- October 2019 - First call.
- January 2020 - Abstracts submission and registration!
- April 13th 2020 - Submission of abstracts closes.
- April 30th 2020 - Notification about acceptance of abstract.
- May 20th 2020 - Deadline for early-bird registration.
- June 22nd 2020 - Final program ready.
- August 10th-13th 2020 - Conference programme.
For updates and information join the NHC2020 Facebook event.
Tiit Vaasma - email@example.com