Approved by the decision of February 22, 2017, of the Chief academic board of Tallinn University Press
- Member of the editorial board makes a decision on the manuscript, building on the reliability of its content, professional significance and necessity, and its suitability to the specific book series.
- The intellectual and scientific value of manuscripts are assessed irrespective of the gender, origin, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or political convictions of the author.
- Members of the editorial board are entitled to reject the manuscript without sending it to be peer-reviewed if the manuscript is of low quality and/or is not suitable for the series concerned.
- Member of the editorial board does not use unpublished data and ideas contained in manuscripts submitted to the editorial board, and does not forward unpublished manuscripts to third persons without a written authorisation of the Press.
- If a member of the editorial board has grounds to believe that the manuscript includes plagiarism, they must inform the editorial board and the press thereof.
- Member of the editorial board raises questions concerning the mistakes and problematic statements/translation matches, etc. noticed by them in the manuscript.
- If a member of the editorial board has approved the publication of the manuscript without submitting complaints or without pointing out mistakes in the manuscript, or the author has taken the proposed modifications into account before publication, it is not suitable for the member of the editorial board to publish a follow-up review on the mistakes in the manuscript.
- Member of the editorial board maintains the anonymity of the peer-reviewers, keeping the information about them confidential, unless otherwise agreed.
- Discussions taking place among the members of the editorial board and the Chief academic board of Tallinn University Press are confidential, and related letters and debates cannot be forwarded to third persons. The Press forwards the proposals and remarks of the board members to the author, maintaining the anonymity of the board members, unless otherwise agreed.