The purpose of the fund is to support research and development in realms of media, arts and communication, by affording academic staff to take part in international conferences, festivals and development meetings, to carry out research projects and creative studies.
Fund means are distributed to the following research and development activities:
- conference attendance abroad (preference is given to presentations);
- participation in research and development events, dedicated to collaboration with foreign partners (incl. in festivals, preferably as a presenter);
- research in libraries, museums, archives or conducting field work (exceptionally).
- Research project:
services necessary for the project;
mobility necessary for the project;
membership fees of professional organisations;
translating and editing of research publications;
creating study materials;
purchase of specific equipment and software necessary for research (a cover letter is required from the head of BFM Technology and Production Center on the necessity of the purchase).
- Creative study (Creative study project must involve students if the application is submitted by a lecturer):
- preparation and performance of the project;
- mobility necessary for the project (both for the lecture and students).
- purchase of specific equipment and software necessary for research (a cover letter is required from the head of BFM Technology and Production Center on the necessity of the purchase).
The applicants can be BFM academic staff and those visiting academics, who hold BFM employment contract, as well as doctoral students who are currently not on academic leave and have no missing reports for the fund.
Applications can be submitted at least three times a year.
The deadlines for submitting applications are, as a rule, February 1, May 1, and October 1 (or the first working day thereafter if the deadline falls on a weekend or a public holiday).
The evaluation committee consists of:
- Heili Einasto
- Indrek Ibrus
- Andres Jõesaar
- Arko Olesk
- Veiko Vaatmann
The applications are to be sent to the research coordinator Kristel Karu-Kletter.