All doctoral students have the right to belong to the Doctoral School of Educational Sciences. The Estonian Doctoral School of Educational Sciences is a project aiming to improve doctoral education and educational sciences in cooperation between the partners - University of Helsinki, University of Tartu and Tallinn University.
- offers and mediates training opportunities;
- compiles information materials;
- conducts evaluation of doctoral students and advance reviews of doctoral dissertations;
- organises academic work;
- consults and informs students.
The aim of the Doctoral School of Educational Sciences is to guarantee the level of quality of doctoral studies and dissertations established in the Estonian Republic and to support the continuous development of educational sciences to meet the needs of Estonian education.
The functions of the Doctoral School of Educational Sciences are:
- organizing doctoral studies in educational sciences by following commonly established principles, coordinating research at the doctoral level, acting as an information and counselling centre for doctoral students, coordinating cooperation between universities and research establishments of Estonia and other countries;
- the school fulfills the Educational Sciences PhD curriculum.
The project is funded by European Union through European Regional Development Fund.
Development of cooperation specific to field of study
Development of scientific communication skills within a specialty and between specialties
Expansion of mutual relations between doctoral studies and the job market
Activities for improving teaching and instructing competence in doctoral studies
Activities related to promoting science and doctoral studies