Alliance Fostering Skills Development for Social Economy -
European Social Innovation Campus
Joining the Pact for Skills on Proximity and Social Economy, the European Social Innovation Campus (ESIC) contributes to the challenge of the upskilling and reskilling of 5% of the workforce and entrepreneurs of the sector each year to tackle the green and digital transitions in the social economy by boosting social innovation capacities. The Alliance brings together higher education and vocational education and training, social economy organizations and enterprises from several European countries as well as European level actors. Drawing on evidence regarding the skills needs of occupational profiles, the Alliance boosts the provision of new skills and addresses skills mismatches by creating a new general Core Curriculum for the social economy and curricula to different EQF levels. The Alliance designs and delivers transnational education and training content, as well as co-produce teaching and training methodologies for quick uptake of the contents at regional and local levels and for emerging occupational profiles. In addition, the project will establish a strong communication and dissemination network, promoting the social economy sector as a career choice and supporting the development of a sense of initiative and entrepreneurial mind-sets in the EU.
The Alliance will establish and maintain the European Social Innovation Campus platform that distributes project results (target number of
the visitors: +10 000). The dynamic Skills Monitor integrated in the platform will host skills intelligence data in an open data format, and it
will be accessible to all stakeholders and researchers. Events, meetings, and co-creation will integrate diverse actors into the process and
help to disseminate its results.
Diakonia-ammattikorkeakoulu Oy Fi Coordinator
- Tallinn University EE
- Fundatia Alaturi de voi Romania RO
- Asociatia Institutul pentru Parteneriat Social Bucovina RO P
- Federación de Cooperativas y de la Economía Social de Madrid ES
- Social Innovation Growth Fund Ireland Company Limited IE
- Odisee BE
- Federazione Trentina della Cooperazione SC IT
- Provincia autonoma di Trento IT Partner
- Asociación empresarial de Sociedades Laborales YES
- Euricse IT
- Universitetet i Sørøst-Norge NO
- Euclid Network NL P
- Ukrainska Sotsialna Akademia UA
- Live-säätiö sr FI
The entire project consortium is composed of the following organisations:
1) Universities and Research institutions (Diak, TLU, Odisee, EURICSE, USN) will design and lead the carrying out of research activities (WP2), analyse the research results and inputs to the formation of the sectoral skills strategy and core curriculum (WP3) and training material and methodology development (WP4), and participate in training pilots.
2) VET providers (AMUSAL, ADV Romania, LIVE) will contribute to research activities (WP2), provide inputs to the strategy and core curriculum (WP3), as well as training material and methodology development (WP4), and pilot and deliver training programmes (WP4).
3) Labour market actors (Bucovina, FTC, FECOMA, Rethink Ireland, Ukrainian Social Academy) will be involved in all the project activities, participate in the research, engage SEs in the activities from research to training and outreach, and pilot the training programmes and dissemination and communication.
4) Local authorities (Autonomous province of Trento, PAT) PAT will be involved in all the project activities, participate in the research, engaging SEs in the activities from research to training and outreach, piloting of the training programmes and dissemination and communication.
5) European networks (Euclid Network – the European Social Enterprise Network) representing European organizations in the SE sector. Euclid will be responsible for the dissemination and exploitation of project activities and results (WP5).
6) Key supporting organizations a. European networks (Social Economy Europe SEE, Social Firms Europe CEFEC, EMES International Research Network), b. National networks (ARVO the Finnish Association of Social Enterprises (FI), SocialeInnovatie Fabriek (BE), Irish Social Enterprise Network (IE), Romanian Network of Insertion Social Enterprises RISE (RO), The Spanish Business Confederation of Social Economy (CEPES) (ES), c. University and educational Institutions (The Centre for Social Innovation, Trinity College Dublin (IE), Võrumaa Vocational Education Centre (EE), d. National Authorities (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland (FI).Based on the Alliance Fostering Skills Development for Social Economy shared strategic agenda and alignment of priorities, the key supporting organizations contribute to Alliance's goals and actively participate in the project implementation and dissemination.
Duration: June 2023- May 2027
Financed by: ERASMUS programme
(Partnerships for Innovation: Alliances)
Contact: Dr. Katri-Liis Lepik, email@example.com