The President of the Republic of Estonia Kersti Kaljulaid will award 166 orders of merit to members of the society for their devotion to their fields, their community or Estonia in general.
The orders are given to locals and foreigners for their determination in their activities and loyalty to what Estonia stands for – openness and democracy, knowledge, entrepreneurship, caring and noticing. This year, six people from Tallinn University also received the orders.
White Star IV class:
- Associate professor of mathematics didactics at the School of Digital Technologies Madis Lepik
- Professor Emeritus Romi Mankin
- Professor of Italian Language and Semiotics at the School of Humanities Daniele Monticelli
White Star V class:
- Senior specialist of research and communication at the TU Academic Library Harry Liivrand
- Lecturer of Psychosocial Work at the School of Governance, Law and Society Anne Tiko
- Associate Professor of Estonian Literature Luule Epner
The president will present the orders of merit on 21 February at Tartu University Narva College.