The aim of the Tallinn University doctoral scholarship is to support doctoral students’ completion of studies and defence of the doctoral thesis during the nominal period of studies.
The amount of TLU doctoral scholarship is 500 euros.
A doctoral student is entitled to receive the scholarship if he/she:
- has been matriculated as of the academic year 2019/2020;
- studies full-time;
- has not exceeded the nominal period of studies;
- has passed the progress review under the conditions and according to the procedure established by the university Senate or is a first-year doctoral student;
- is not on academic leave;
- does not receive the study allowance or a scholarship from a foreign government, a partner university referred to in a joint supervision agreement, an international or intergovernmental organisation or a representation of a cooperation programme;
- is not studying at a student place created under a cooperation agreement according to which the party to the agreement provides an income at least in the amount foreseen by TLU regulations for doing research that is related to the doctoral thesis for the doctoral student during the nominal period of studies;
- does not perform doctoral thesis-related tasks under an employment contract that support his/her studies and for which the doctoral student is paid remuneration.
The doctoral student is entitled to receive TLU doctoral scholarship for up to forty-eight months.
Please contact the study councellor of your institute for applying for the TLU doctoral scholarship.