Dora Plus activity 2.1: Inclusion of foreign master's students studying in degree studies
The goal of this activity is to support foreign master’s students studying in Estonia, thereby contributing to international exchange of knowledge, to make the local study process more international and to increase the number of highly educated employees in Estonia in the long run.
Foreign master’s students can be awarded the scholarship when studying with full-time study load in one of the international master's programmes at Tallinn University. The scholarship can be awarded for one study year at a time, i.e. 10 months (September to June). For the second year of studies, the master's students need to apply anew. The scholarship amount is 350 euros per month.
Important: The scholarship payment to foreign master's students is discontinued if they take an academic leave or go abroad for a study mobility that lasts more than 30 days (Eramus+, Kristjan Jaak scholarships etc.). The scholarship payment is discontinued starting from the month that the beneficiary is no longer in compliance with the scholarship conditions.
The scholarship can be awarded to a talented master’s student of Tallinn University:
- who is studying on a full-time study load on a Tallinn University master's programme fully in English;
- who has completed the study programme in the amount of at least 54 ECTS credits (only required when applying for the scholarship for the 2nd year of studies);
- who is not a citizen of Estonia;
- who does not have a permanent residence permit/long-term residence permit;
- whose country of residence is not Estonia (only required when applying for the scholarship for the first time);
- who has not been in Estonia for more than one year during the past three years (only required when applying for the scholarship for the first time);
- who does not receive additional funds to support their studies. The student will have to confirm the fact. There are exceptions according to the Archimedes statute: It's allowed to receive simultaneously Dora Plus 2.1 scholarship and speciality grant, scholarship based on study results, needs-based study allowance or needs-based special allowance and Dora Plus scholarship for short-term mobility.
How to apply for a scholarship for foreign master's students:
- Fill in the electronic application form to stand as a candidate. The deadline for the first year master's students is September 10. In case of a second year master’s student, also a transcript of records is submitted together with the electronic application form. Please ask your study coordinator for a signed electronic transcript of records that proves the completion of at least 54 ECTS credits. The deadline for the second year of master's students is June 30.
- The applicants’ compliance with the requirements is verified by the Dora Plus programme coordinator.
A ranking list is formed based on the admissions examination results (in case of the first year master's students) and the weighted average grades (in case of the second year master's students). The students with the highest rankings are awarded the scholarship. All results are announced from September 17 onward.
Dora Plus programme is funded by European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Estonia. The scholarship holder is obliged to inform the public about receiving support from European Regional Development Fund in relevant presentations, articles and documents by mentioning the fact orally or using the logo of structural aid, which can be found on the following web address:https://www.struktuurifondid.ee/eng/application/layout-files