Trainer: Stina Boedeker, Grant Coach, Research & Innovation, Tampere University
Duration: 26 academic hours, incl pre-assignment, 10 contact hours and after-workshop assignment
Target group: researchers and PhD students of Tallinn University from all disciplines
Methods: independent work, presentations, exercises in groups, elevator pitches
Requirements to pass the course: pre-registration, pre-workshop assignment, active workshop participation. 1 ECTS certificate for the participants who will pass the full course (incl individual work)
Please bring your own laptop to the classroom
Thu 27.02.2020 Topic: CONSORTIUM PROJECTS (5 * 45 min)
10.00-10.15 Welcome coffee and registration
10.15-11.00 What do you see, when you look at the Horizon? What are the pieces of the EU Framework programme jigsaw?
11.00-12.30 Presentations of pre-workshop assignments: Research and Innovation Actions
12.30-13.30 Lunch break (self-organised)
13.30.-14.15 How to evaluate a proposal?
14.15.-15.00 How to develop the impact section?
Fri 28.02.2020 Topics: INDIVIDUAL GRANTS (2*45 min) & CONSORTIUM PROJECTS (3*45 min)
10.00-10.15 Registration and welcome coffee
10.15-11.00 What are Individual Fellowships all about?
11.00-11.45 What are European Research Council (ERC) grants?
11.45-12.45 Lunch break (self-organised)
12.45-14.00 Learning from successful RIA proposals. Presentations of the lessons learned
- Register in the Funding & tenders portal https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/home
- Login in the Funding & tenders portal
- Find H2020, Societal challenges, Europe in a changing world, with an open call for Research and Innovation Action. Check out the calls and see what they are looking for.
- Think of a project idea of your own.
- Prepare a one pager of your own idea. A one pager includes: Call ID, topic number, Title, Objective, Background, Outcome, Consortium, Cost and Duration.
- Prepare a presentation reporting the call you chose and your own idea.
- Be ready to give a presentation of your own idea in English using your laptop.
- Register in the expert database https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/experts