Students, graduates and students who have terminated their studies can get different documents that are related to studies. The university issues graduation documents and their duplicates, certificates about studying at the university and transcripts of records. Please read the information below to find out what you need to do to obtain the necessary documents.

If you have any questions, please contact or +372 6409131


If you need a document to prove that you are a student at Tallinn University, you have two options:

  • in case the organisation where you need to submit the certificate accepts digitally signed documents, you can download it yourself from the Study Information System (ÕIS) with a digital stamp. The certificate can be found in the section Study Results and it is possible to include study results and learning outcomes in the certificate;
  • in case you need the certificate in paper format, stamped and signed, or you are required to present some additional information that you cannot add in ÕIS yourself, the certificate is issued by your study counsellor.


Graduates can get their graduation documents (diploma (in Estonian only) and diploma supplement in Estonian and in English) once a year at the graduation ceremony. If you cannot participate in the graduation ceremony, then:

  • if you graduate in winter, you can get your graduation documents within one month after the graduation from the academic unit; after that from the Academic Affairs Office;
  • if you graduate in summer, you can get your graduation documents during summer form the academic unit; at the beginning of the academic year the documents are sent to the Academic Affairs Office and you can get them from there.

The diploma is issued to the recipient personally against a signature or to an authorised person on the basis of a written authorisation. It is possible to ask for the diploma to be sent by certified mail (price list and application form can be found below).

Issuing duplicates

If the diploma or the diploma supplement has been destroyed or lost, the student has to apply for a duplicate. The application must be addressed to the Rector (submitted to or room T-213), describing the reason for applying. The original document must be added if it exists but is damaged. Costs of issuing the duplicate are covered by the applicant (except in a case where the original is inaccurate or includes wrong information).

The duplicate is issued on the valid form of the diploma, the issuing organisation enters the word “DUPLIKAAT” in the top right-hand corner. The duplicate of a diploma awarded upon completion of a study programme that was registered before 1 June 2002 is issued on a A4 grey duplicate form with security features. The duplicate contains the text of the original document in the language of the original document, number of the original document, date of issue and date of issue of the duplicate.

University established rates of the issue of documents can be found here. In addition to the rates established by the University, the applicant must pay the state fee. Invoices are sent to the email address provided in the application.

Application for sending documents by regular mail can be found here.

Certification of graduation documents

If you are applying to an organisation (university, job) that requires a certified copy of the diploma, please send the scanned graduation documents to You can also bring us the copies (T-213). The University does not have the copies of the graduation documents.

Copies (scanned documents) can be certified by a digital signature (to be used in Estonia) or by a stamp on paper, which can be used for sending abroad. The University can send the certified documents by regular mail to the respective organisation.

Students deleted from the matriculation register

If you have discontinued your studies and you need a transcript of your studies, the documents can be issued by the Academic Affairs Office. Please write to, make sure to include your name (during your studies) and field of study. It is possible to obtain the document in digital or paper format, either in Estonian or in English.