This Tallinn Winter School course is about designing a gamified product or service. Adding game elements to your content gives you a chance to widen your engagement and attract a wider audience. The TWS Gamification Workshop explores the concept of gamification through real-life examples, and then gives participants the opportunity to work in a team to develop their own working prototype. Teams will develop their own projects from an idea through design to working prototype. The course is led by Martin Sillaots and Peadar Callaghan.
Topics covered during this course:
– Introducing participants
– The nature of gamification and gamification design process
– Examples of gamification
– Generating and selecting ideas for gamification.
– Forming teams and dividing roles
– Designing challenges
– Designing intrinsic motivators
– Designing extrinsic motivators
– Design of feedback and progress
– Incorporation of entertaining elements
– Other game elements
– Prototype development
– Prototype presentation and testing