The following steps outline the application process for international students considering applying for an Estonian-based programme in Tallinn University.
- Find the programme you are interested in applying for. Make sure what are the programme specific requirements. The programme specific requirements are described on the bottom of the programme information pages here and here. Please note that for applying to an Estonian degree programme, the minimum level of Estonian proficiency is A2.
- For PhD applicants – please find a prospective supervisor by contacting the respective unit here. Please attach your PhD proposal for reviewing to the e-mail.
- Take your documents to Estonian ENIC/NARIC centre for evaluation. If you do not have the chance to take the documents for evaluation yourself, you can send them to the admissions office to the following address:
Academic Affairs Office
Narva mnt. 25
Please note that sending your documents to the admissions office for processing costs 80 euros. Please see information about paying the documents processing fee here.
NB! Please note that getting the evaluation from the Estonian ENIC/NARIC center takes one month. You should have the ENIC/NARIC's decision on your qualification by the time you apply.
- Fill in an Application form TLU.pdf (90 KiB)application or apply through SAIS if you have an Estonian ID-code.
- Send the application documents to the admissions office by the application deadline including:
- the proof of Estonian language proficiency for at least A2 level.
- notarized educational documents in the original language and a notarized translation into English. Please see the country specific requirements
here. If your country is not listed, there are no country specific requirements for your country.
- ENIC/NARIC centres’ evaluation for your educational documents.
- Copy of your passport.
* Bachelor level applicants are expected to send their secondary education documents; Master level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor level documents; Doctoral level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor and Master level documents.
** At least 60% of the possible maximum results is expected from the previous degree when applying for the Bachelor or Master level.
*** There is a possiblity to take the Estonian language test in Tallinn University. The language test will be held on 06.07.18, at 8:00, room M-328. Please register for the test by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- You will be notified of the time and place of the admission exam. The admission exams take place in July.
- Right of residence for applicants from the EU/EEA countries
Temporary residence permit for applicants from Non-EU/EEA countries