NB! Due to health concerns, the event will be canceled.
International Teaching Week
We are pleased to invite academic personnel from partner universities to Tallinn University the School of Educational Sciences 2nd International Teaching Staff Week in Tallinn, Estonia!
The International Teaching Staff Week will take place between the 30th of March till the 3rd of April 2020.
About the International Teaching and Staff Week
The International Teaching Week takes place from the 30th of March till the 3rd of April 2020 and will include two tracks for participants. The first track is for academic (teaching) staff who we are delighted to invite to give lectures to Tallinn University students and partners in various topics in our four study areas with preference to inclusive education. The second track is for academic and non-academic personnel interested in getting an overview of, visiting and possible cooperation with the School of Educational Sciences brand new EDUSPACE, which is a research lab focused on creating a technology enchased learning environment and fostering STEAM skills in teaching and learning in kindergarten, primary school, and K12.
About the School of Educational Sciences
The School of Educational Sciences is the oldest academic unit in Tallinn University that conducts studies on the three levels of higher education, continuing education and research, development and creative activities in the following four study areas: teacher education and educational sciences, non-formal education and lifelong learning, inclusive education, and educational leadership and innovation.
The official language of the whole International Teaching Week is English.
The deadline for applications for both tracks is the 2nd of February 2020.
Participation decisions will be made and sent to successful applicants after the application deadline by the 7th of February 2020. Please do not book flights or accommodation, etc before we confirm your participation!
For more information on the School of Educational Sciences international staff weeks, please contact:
Aim of the track:
- To introduce partner university academic personnel to Tallinn University and the School of Educational Sciences.
- To introduce partner universities to the students of Tallinn University and the School of Educational Sciences and to enrich our students’ and participating partners’ academic and content knowledge with lectures from partner university academic personnel.
- To provide partner university academic personnel the opportunity to provide lectures to Tallinn University students and partners and widen their experience with international students and international environments.
- To strengthen ties, find areas of cooperation, determine mutual interests and establish cooperation plans in the field of education between academic personnel of the School of Educational Sciences and partner university academic personnel.
- To provide partner university academic personnel the opportunity to take part in seminars on, for example, introducing Estonian education, etc, participate in EDUSPACE lab activities, participate in a student research event of the School of Educational Sciences (some visiting partner academic personnel will be kindly asked to take part in the feedback panel) and other joint academic and recreational activities.
- Inclusive education.
- Teacher education and educational sciences.
- Non-formal education and lifelong learning.
- Educational leadership and innovation.
Please note your preferred study area from the 4 in the application. Kindly also keep in mind that you will be asked to provide at least 4 open lectures per academic personnel in the chosen study area. We ask to keep the study area the same all 4 times, but focus on different topics in each open lecture.
Please also keep in mind that inclusive education topics are prioritized amongst the study areas for visiting teaching personnel.
Academic tasks during the week:
Overall minimum of 8 hours of participation is mandatory. This includes at least 4 hours of providing open lectures and the remaining hours include taking part in seminars, etc. An exact schedule for open lectures for each participating academic personnel will be determined nearer to the week. Some visiting academic personnel will kindly also be asked to participate in our student research event as part of the feedback panel.
30th of March – 3rd of April 2020 (if you wish to stay less content days than 5, it is possible, but kindly let us know about your preferred duration of stay in the application; please note in this case that it is not possible to take part in all activities meant for visiting academic staff as the activities are spread over the week).
Academic personnel from partner universities of the School of Educational Sciences. The list of partner universities you can find here. Academic personnel from other universities wishing to establish contacts and cooperation with the School of Educational Sciences of Tallinn University and give open lectures are most welcome to apply as well, but it is not possible to apply for Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Teaching (an option is Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training or any other funding opportunity according to home university possibilities).
Maximum number of participants:
6 academic (teaching) personnel (in case of large interest, the number may be raised).
There is no participation fee. Travel, accommodations and other costs, we kindly ask you to cover under Erasmus+ Staff Mobility from your home university. Please let us know if your home university requires applications for Erasmus+ Staff Mobility funding before the application deadline is over and then we can see if it is possible for us to accommodate and confirm your visit sooner!
Please apply for participation latest by the 2nd of February 2020 . Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Please find the preliminary schedule for Track 1 here.
Kindly note, the program for both tracks is subject to change! Final versions of programs will be revealed soon!
Aim of the track:
- To introduce partner universities, other potential partner universities or universities to the School of Educational Sciences lab EDUSPACE. Read about EDUSPACE here.
- To offer a one-day program in EDUSPACE with an introduction, discussion and two workshops in educational robotics, creating technology enchased learning environments, technological innovations and fostering STEAM skills in kindergarten/primary school and K12 levels.
- To strengthen ties, determine mutual interests, establish possible cooperation and share information and expertise on how similar EDUSPACE labs can be created elsewhere.
2nd of April 2020 – EDUSPACE activities are on one day. It is also possible to take part on Wednesday the 1st of April where participants have the possibility to take part in Track 1 visiting academic (teaching) staff open lecture and in seminars and activities meant for Track 1 visiting academics (including visiting an innovative school in Tallinn, seminar on Estonian education system, etc). Please take into account that the visit for one day only includes EDUCPACE activities. Please note your preferred duration of stay (one day or two days) in the application form.
Higher education establishment academic and non-academic staff who are active in the general field of education, educational innovation, technology enhances learning and teaching and/or ICT in education on kindergarten, primary school or K12 levels in their respective higher education establishments.
Maximum number of participants:
10 (in case of large interest, the number may be raised; maximum 2 representatives from one university could be chosen to take part; please note that late applications will not be considered).
There is no participation fee. Travel, accommodations and other costs, we kindly ask you to cover under Erasmus+ Staff Mobility from your home university. Please let us know if your home university requires applications for Erasmus+ Staff Mobility funding before the application deadline is over and then we can see if it is possible for us to accommodate!
Kindly note, the programme for both tracks is subject to change! Final versions of programs will be revealed soon!