Follow these steps to apply for an exchange semester or year at Tallinn University:
1. Contact your own department or International Relations Office at your home university and find out whether your department or university has an exchange agreement with Tallinn University. You can also refer to our list of Erasmus agreements, bilateral cooperation agreements and intergovernmental agreements for exchange studies.
2. Prerequisite for applying is an exchange nomination (including your name and email, semester of exchange, and your field and level of studies) from the home university sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Fill in the online application form and create your study plan at incoming.tlu.ee, and attach the required documents to the online application:
Copy of the identification document (passport, ID);
Certificate of language proficiency (not applicable for native speakers and students of the universities where English or Russian is the language of instruction).
Please note that the documents need to be in English! Make sure that the email address you provide is correct and in use, as we will communicate much important information to you via email. Online application platform is opened to students on April 1.
4. Respect the application deadlines for submitting your online application:
June 1 for Autumn Semester and Academic Year
November 1 for Spring Semester
5. We will check your documents and give feedback if any changes are needed. After your documents have been checked and your study plan has been approved in your academic unit, you will receive the acceptance letter and the Learning Agreement signed by your Erasmus coordinator in Tallinn University (by email). It can take up to 30 days after the application deadline before you receive the learning agreement and the acceptance letter, so please be patient with us! Please do not send your learning agreement from your home university before you have received the learning agreement and the acceptance letter from us.
6. A housing offer will be sent to you by e-mail if you have applied for a place in the online system and after you have officially been accepted for exchange studies at Tallinn University. Places in the dormitories are limited, so unfortunately, we cannot offer a place to all the applicants. Please read more about housing possibilities.
7. If you feel that you need a peer supporter (a support student) to guide you and help you in the process of settling in, you need to apply for one before August 5 if you are coming for the Autumn Semester or the entire academic year, and before January 5 if you are coming for the Spring Semester. Please find out more information about peer supporters and application.
Please note: before sending in your application check carefully which courses and studies are offered in English and in Russian.
If you would like to know more about student life in Tallinn and at the university, you can turn to our Student Ambassadors.
NB! Erasmus+ exchange students have the possibility to apply for an Estonian Intensive Language Course.