Follow these steps to apply for an exchange semester or year at Tallinn University:
1. Contact your own department or International Relations Office at your home university and find out whether your department or university has an exchange agreement with Tallinn University. You can also refer to our list of Erasmus agreements and bilateral cooperation agreements for exchange studies.
2. The prerequisite for applying is an exchange nomination including the following information: - student's name - date of birth - email address - semester of exchange - field and level of studies
The nomination form the home university is sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May if you are coming for Autumn Semester or full academic year, and by 15 October if you are coming for Spring Semester.
Copy of the identification document (passport, ID);
Please note that the documents need to be in English! Make sure that the email address you provide is correct and in use, as we will communicate much important information to you via email. The online application platform is opened to students applying for the Autumn Semester and full year on April 1 and for students applying for the Spring semester on October 1.
4. Respect the application deadlines for submitting your online application:
June 1 for the Autumn Semester and Academic Year
November 1 for the Spring Semester
5. We will check your documents and give feedback if any changes are needed. After your documents have been checked and your study plan has been approved in your academic unit, you will receive the acceptance letter and instructions about creating the Learning Agreement. It can take up to 30 days after the application deadline before you receive the acceptance letter, so please be patient with us! Please do not send your learning agreement from your home university before you have received the acceptance letter from us.
6. A housing offer will be sent to you by e-mail if you have applied for a place in the online system and after you have officially been accepted for exchange studies at Tallinn University. Places in the dormitories are limited, so unfortunately, we cannot offer a place to all the applicants. Please read more about housing possibilities.
7. If you feel that you need a peer supporter (a student buddy) to guide you and help you in the process of settling in, you need to apply for one before August 5 if you are coming for the Autumn Semester or the entire academic year, and before January 5 if you are coming for the Spring Semester. Please find out more information about student buddies and application.
Please note: before sending in your application, check carefully which courses and studies are offered to Exchange Students.
NB! Erasmus+ exchange students have the possibility to apply for an Estonian Intensive Language Course.
Please also follow our Student Blog for some useful tips.