• Every student participating in the Erasmus+ programme must have at minimum a health insurance, a liability insurance and an accident insurance (NB! This is not the travel insurance).

  1. If applicable, it is strongly recommended that participants in transnational activities own a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This is a free card that gives access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 27 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country. More information on the card and on how to obtain it is available here.
  2. NB! Please note that EHIC card does not cover your costs if you are travelling for the express purpose of obtaining medical treatment and it does not guarantee free services as each country’s healthcare system is different and services that cost nothing at home might not be free in another country. 
  3. Liability and accident insurance are necessary to cover incidents caused by the participant or occurring to them. Regulations for these insurances vary in different countries, and participants may risk not falling under standard schemes, such as if they are not considered employees or if they are not officially registered at the receiving institution. In addition to the above, it is advisable to take out insurance against loss or theft of documents, travel tickets, and luggage.

  • Student has to cover the expenses for it by him-/herself.

  • Student must prove the existence of valid insurances to the International Studies Specialist before the mobility period.

  • The following webpage has a list of Estonian insurance companies and can help you to find the right service and price: www.kindlustusest.ee/student-insurance.