ÕIS is studies information system for academic and non-academic employees. It's an environment for recording information about study programmes, courses, student history and study results.
ÕIS-2 is the studies information system with improved functionality, appearance and compatibility with modern devices for students and lecturers.
- Submitting study plan (pdf)
- Pre-registering for courses
- Viewing course programme and course materials
- Registering for interim assessments
- Registering for exams/pass-fail assessments
- Viewing study results
- Joining a group of a course
- Selecting minor field of studies
- Submitting applications
- Submitting RPL applications
- Nominal studies (SEM)
- Registering for final thesis/exam
- Courses feedback
New workplace for lecturers in study information system ÕIS-2 has been opened. Student’s workplace was the first one to become available, now it’s time for lecturers. ÕIS-2 is available only for students and lecturers, non-academic staff will remain using ÕIS for a bit longer.
What is ÕIS-2?
ÕIS-2 is a portal developed with TalTech and both universities are using. In the new environment all the familiar functionalities are still there, but we have significantly upgraded the usability, user experience, and compatibility with modern devices. ÕIS and ÕIS-2 work in synchronicity and all actions can be performed in either of the portals.
What’s new and improved in ÕIS-2?
ÕIS-2 includes some of the most anticipated and requested changes:
- Fresher design, while keeping the functionality familiar. We have removed elements that were not in use, and relocated menus and forms to more accessible places.
- ÕIS-2 includes a completely new course programme form. Instead of filling out a form in Word and uploading it to ÕIS the process has now been brought to ÕIS-2 and text documents won’t be necessary. New form is accessible only in ÕIS-2. We have compiled a guide to introduce it to you in detail.
- In ÕIS-2 the responsible lecturer can now share maintaining the course alongside with the co-lecturers by selecting the co-lecturers on course programme form.
Where can I enter ÕIS from?
Type in address ois2.tlu.ee or head on to TU homepage and enter through link „ÕIS-2“ from there. The user credentials for logging in are the same for ÕIS and ÕIS-2.
Everything looks so different – how can I learn to navigate in ÕIS-2?
There’s a comperehensive user guide for ÕIS-2 Lecturer’s Workplace. The screenshots of each element and activity will improve finding your way around in ÕIS-2 even further. In accordance with good academical tradition, we kindy request that you take the time to get acquainted with ÕIS-2 on your own, and seminar will follow in January. The purpose of the seminar is to answer the questions you still might have or have arisen in the process of exploring ÕIS-2. Seminar will be voluntary to participate, but registering ahead will be necessary. We shall keep you informed when the dates have been announced.
What’s going to happen to old ÕIS?
ÕIS and ÕIS-2 will be in use at the same time, however lecturer’s workplace in ÕIS will be closed in the middle of spring semester. There will have been plenty of time to get adjusted to ÕIS-2 and keeping ÕIS in action for any longer would not be justified. During the period from now to then we advise you to prefer using ÕIS-2, but you can always retreat to familiarity of ÕIS if you wish to. This is going to allow you to familiarise yourself with ÕIS at your own pace.
Who should I ask for ÕIS-2 help?
The team of developers are hoping for active use and feedback from lecturers. Any concerns, issues or suggestions about improving ÕIS-2 can be e-mailed to email@example.com or in ÕIS via link „ÕIS help“.