- is internationally known specialist in an ICT problem area;
- has exhaustive knowledge and skills in a narrower area of the PhD thesis;
- is able to use adequate scientific methods and technologies for determining as well in analysing and solving ICT related problems;
- is able to compose high level scientific and popular publications and presentations;
- is able to work in a multinational team and as a team leader involve different partners; possesses necessary communication skills;
- is able to find innovative and adequate solutions in changing and unexpected situations;
- is independent and responsible in analysing, diagnosing, making decisions and implementations;
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles as well tolerant to diverse attitude and standpoints;
- is ready to analyse its own professional activities as well to plan and realize personal professional growth; possesses skills of effective independent learning.
Tallinn University School of Digital Technologies is the only institution in Estonia that focuses on ‘soft’ information and communication technologies including social media applications, digital learning ecosystems, interaction design, workplace learning and other related fields. The rapid development of the school is based on drawing on expertise from a large partner network, utilising EU funding, encouraging the empowerment of staff members as well as on applying a holistic approach, integrating dynamic teaching, research and development activities.
Doctoral students are also involved in implementation of several research grants and international projects. For acquiring research experience, it is possible to participate in conferences, seminars, summer schools and study within the Erasmus programme at foreign universities. The school is located in a brand new building and offers excellent working conditions not only for its staff members, but also for visiting academics, post-doctors and students.
We expect capable young people who have master level education in ICT or related field and who want to acquire a high level qualification in the field of information technology, in the research scope of the School of Digital Technologies.
- Programme specific requirements:
- Information on finding a research topic and supervisor.
- Admission exam (interview) is based on the plan for the doctoral thesis that is agreed with the prospective supervisor. The admission interview is conducted at Tallinn University or via a SKYPE connection after the application deadline.