Come and study with us if you have a Masters level education in educational sciences or in a related field and if you want to acquire a high level qualification in the field of educational sciences. The School of Educational Sciences offers knowledge which is related to education, teacher training, learning, adult education and teaching in general and/or in a specific way. A rapid development of the School of Educational Sciences is based on drawing on expertise from a large partner network, utilizing EU funding, encouraging the empowerment of staff members as well as on applying a holistic approach, integrating dynamic teaching, research and development activities. The school is located in a brand new building and offers excellent working conditions for visiting academics, students and post-doctoral students.
- is able to ground the solutions to problems in educational sciences from the broader point of view of social sciences;
- is familiar with the modern approaches to the methodology of research;
- is able to plan a study and use research methods and data analysis methods;
- is able to effectively work with scientific texts and to create these themselves;
- is ready for scientific communication and cooperation with other researchers.
Detailed study information can be found here.
What are the career options after the studies?
Graduates are able to follow a number of career options depending on their personal interests. For example they can work as researchers, university lecturers or experts in the field. In any case they are very well equipped to develop a sound professional career based on visionary thinking and critical knowledge of the field.
Current admission is only open for applying to a project-based research.
It has been shown that PhD studies are more successful if students are embedded in a strong supporting scientific network when they work on their PhD. Such network can be offered, for example, through a research project.
Research projects will be updated by the end of March/beginning of April 2019.
Candidates are invited to apply to this project via DreamApply.
The admission process involves two parallel processes that need to be followed.
1. The general admission process that is dealt with by the central admission unit at Tallinn University:
- Extensive information on what the formal requirements are, what to submit for the application and about deadlines can be found on the general information page of the PhD program. Here you can also find details about the curriculum.
- In case you have any questions about any of this, including also stipends, language requirements, visa requirements and where to send the application should be directed to: email@example.com.
2. The admission process that is dealt with by the School of Educational Sciences.
- 13.05.2019–01.07.2019 – applying via DreamApply
- 03.07.2019 11.00–16.30 (room M-649) – admission exam (the exact time will be sent to each candidate individually)
- 26.08.2019 – beginning of the studies
NEED TO BE SENT BY POST AFTER FILLING IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM*:
- Application cover printed from the online application system.
- Copy of a Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary.
- Copy of a Master’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary.
- Plan for the doctoral thesis signed by the prospective supervisor.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of the identification page of passport
* The applicant will be given feedback in the online application system after the the required documents have been submitted online.
CAN BE UPLOADED TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM:
- Receipt of payment of the application fee (80 EUR).
Admission exam (interview) is based on the plan for the doctoral thesis that is agreed with the prospective supervisor.
You can also find general admission information here.
- Specific questions regarding the programme should be directed to the School of Educational Sciences:
Elina van der Toorn
Doctoral Studies Coordinator
Phone: +372 6199 767
- For additional guidelines regarding admission procedure please contact the international admission specialist.