If you are considering applying to Tallinn University with an Estonian ID, then the application procedure is as follows:
- Find the programme you are interested in applying for. If you know English at B2 level or Estonian at A2 level, you can apply for programmes with the language of instruction in Estonian as well as in English. Make sure what the programme specific requirements are. Each programme has the programme prerequisites listed under the description of the programme. The English programmes can be found here and the Estonian programmes here and here.
- For PhD applicants – please find a prospective supervisor by contacting the respective unit here. All PhD programmes can be seen here and you can find the contact person on the programme page. Please attach your PhD proposal for reviewing
- Take your documents to Estonian ENIC/NARIC centre for evaluation if your previous education is from outside of Estonia. If you do not have the chance to take the documents for evaluation yourself, you can send them to the admissions office to the following address:
Academic Affairs Office
Narva mnt. 25
Please note that sending your documents to the admissions office for processing costs 80 euros. Please see information about paying the documents processing fee here.
NB! Please note that getting the evaluation from the Estonian ENIC/NARIC center takes one month. You should have the ENIC/NARIC's decision on your qualification by the time you apply.
- Apply online in SAIS. The system will be open for applying to Bachelor's and Master's programmes on June 20, 2019 - July 1, 2019. The system will be open for applying to PhD programmes on May 13, 2019 - July 1, 2019.
- If your previous education is from outside of Estonia, please send the application documents to the admissions office including:
- the proof of Estonian language proficiency for at least A2 level*** or an internationally recognized English proof of proficiency for at least B2 level, please see here.
- notarized educational documents in the original language and a notarized translations into English. Please see the country specific requirements here. If your country is not listed, there are no country specific requirements for your country.
- ENIC/NARIC centres’ evaluation for your educational documents if you will send your documents to the centre yourself
- Copy of your passport
If your previous education is from Estonia, no paper copies of your educational documents will be needed.
* Bachelor level applicants are expected to send their secondary education documents; Master level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor level documents; Doctoral level applicants are expected to send their Bachelor and Master level documents. Admissions Specialists will be accepting documents on June 28, June 29 and July 1st in Astra building (1st floor) if you are required to bring your documents to the university yourself,
** At least 60% of the possible maximum results is expected from the previous degree when applying for Bachelor or Master level programmes.
- You will be notified of the time and place of the admission exam.
- Temporary residence permit renewal for applicants from Non-EU/EEA countries