Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
Language of Instruction: Estonian, English
Field of Study: Health Sciences
Conferred Degree: PhD (Social Work)
Detailed study programme is available here
Objectives of the Programme
- to create opportunities for acquiring the highest scientific qualification in social work;
- to support development of competencies for professional career as an independent expert in the field of social work;
- to create pre-conditions for the development of a new generation of researchers and lecturers with independent research skills for institutions of higher education and for social welfare and health institutions.
- has expanded knowledge and systematic overview in social work, in-depth knowledge on specific research topic;
- possesses knowledge and skills for implementation of social and health sciences research methods;
- has skills for independent critical analyzis and synthesis;
- has knowledge and skills for participating in international research and development activities;
- is able to plan, implement and critically evaluate professional research and development actions;
- is able to present the results of their research orally and in writing both in Estonian and a foreign language to international scientific communication (in conferences and in scientific publications);
- is able to communicate specialized knowledge, supervise scientific work and arrange professional studies;
- is able to participate in social discussions, present results of their research in argumentated form and influence social decision making processes.
What Do We Expect from an Applicant?
We recommend that you consider application to the doctoral study of social work, if you wish:
- to acquire in-depth knowledge of the science of social work;
- to develop skills to participate in the research and development of social work and social policy, present research results in international scientific literature of social work and at conferences;
- to develop skills for working as a university lecturer for forwarding knowledge of social work, social policy and organise specialised training;
- to participate in public discussions, present research results in a well-reasoned manner and influence the social decision-making processes.
- For general requirements, please read admission to PhD Studies.
- Programme specific requirements:
Admission exam(interview) is based on the plan for the doctoral thesis that is agreed with the prospective supervisor. Information about the plan for the doctoral thesis: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific questions regarding the programme should be directed to the School of Governance, Law and Society:
Academic Counsellor - Specialist
For additional guidelines regarding admission procedure please contact the international admission specialist.
- E-mail: email@example.com