The Centre provides consultancy services for building e-courses, creating e-learning materials and using ICT tools in learning process.
Our educational technologists provide professional methodological and technical advice in the use of ICT in learning processes, as well as providing support in the use of different learning environments and learning management systems:
- Moodle learning management system – support for teachers and students in course design and administration;
- Open Learning Environments (blogs, wikis);
- eDidaktikum is an environment for teacher education and training;
- Google Classroom is a simple learning management system, that is part of Google Apps for Education.
Our multimedia specialists assist in the production of high quality multimedia content. Examples include video and audio recording, such as recordings of lectures, with the Echo360 device (example), screencasts, illustrative materials and photographs for educational purposes. Video-clips that have been produced can be seen on the TLU official Vimeo channel.
Our team assists in the creation of various types of e-learning content. Examples of learning objects and materials for e-courses can be found in the public Repository of learning materials, in which materials from all Estonian universities, high schools and institutions for professional education are represented.
The E-learning Centre also organizes and conducts different e-learning courses and short trainings for university staff:
- "Moodle LMS for creating e-courses";
- "Using blogs in education";
- Using eDidaktikum - a learning environment for teacher education;
- "Text, images and video in learning materials";
- “Weekly e-learning workshops” based on using different ICT tools in education;
- “Trainings on demand”: every university unit can request a training or practical workshop on any topic that concerns the use of ICT in education processes and our specialists will prepare and conduct such training at a suitable time and place.
- room S117 (educational technologists)
- room S118 (multimedia specialist)
Narva road 25
Phone: +372 640 9282