Time: 20 November, 2020, at 12:00
Venue: University's Ceremonial Hall (Narva Road 25, III floor)
- We kindly ask the doctors to gather to a room T-223 at 11:30.
Conferment of doctors
Doctors are conferred according to the doctorate councils.
- The head of the ceremony calls out a doctor and a supervisor, the doctor and the supervisor go in front of the hall, facing audience.
- The head of the ceremony reads out the diploma text. After reading the text, the supervisor congratulates the doctor and sits back on their chair.
- Doctor goes to the Chairman of the Doctoral Council, who hands over the doctor's diploma, then steps in front of the Rector, who puts a specially made silk scarf around the doctor's neck, then goes to the table and signs the doctoral book.
- The doctor goes to the center of the hall, bows, and goes to sit back on their chair.
- This year, there will be no handshakings. In addition, we unfortunately can not have a festive lunch, instead of that, the university will congratulate you with a sweet gift.
- Dark suit and dark dress or costume for the Ladies
Photos taken by photographer Rene Jakobson.
NB! The safety and health of all participants in the event is important for Tallinn University, for this reason no guests are welcome at the event this year. We also make sure that all participants are scattered during the ceremony. We ask you to stay stay at home if you should not feel healthy.
- The ceremony starts and ends with a procession.
- Members of the Rectorate, Doctors and Doctors to be conferred, supervisors, members of doctorate councils and professors take part in the procession.
- At academic events, the first, third and fourth verse of the student hymn Gaudeamus are sung.
- One of the oldest academic traditions sees that appreciation is shown via shuffling of feet, not clapping.
telefon: 640 9138