Time: 19 November, 2021 at 16:00
Venue: Tallinn University's Ceremonial Hall (Narva Road 25, III floor)
- We kindly ask the doctors and their supervisors to gather in room T-307 at 15:15.
Conferment of doctors
Doctors are conferred according to the doctorate councils.
- The head of the ceremony calls out a doctor and his/her supervisor, the doctor and the supervisor move to the front of the hall, facing the audience.
- The head of the ceremony reads out the diploma text. After reading the text, the supervisor congratulates the doctor and sits back on their chair.
- The doctor goes to the Chairman of the Doctoral Council who hands over the doctor's diploma, then steps in front of the Rector who places a specially made silk scarf around the doctor's neck, then goes to the table and signs the doctoral book.
- The doctor goes to the center of the hall, bows, and goes to sit back on their chair.
- This year, there will be no handshaking.
- Dark suit for the gentlemen, dark dress or costume for the ladies.
NB! The safety and health of all participants of the event are important for Tallinn University, for this reason no guests are welcome at the event this year. We will also make sure that all participants are well distanced from each other during the ceremony. We ask you to stay stay at home if you do not feel healthy.
- The ceremony starts and ends with a procession.
- Members of the Rectorate, doctors and doctors to be conferred, supervisors, members of the doctorate councils and professors take part in the procession.
- At academic events, the first, third and fourth verse of the student hymn Gaudeamus are sung.
- One of the oldest academic traditions sees that appreciation is shown via the shuffling of feet, not clapping.
Phone: 640 9138