This 2-day workshop is meant for young film professionals who would like to learn specifically about the jobs of a line producer and unit production manager and hear about the experience of UPM Sergey Yakhontov who has worked on such foreign productions as Resident Evil, Anna Karenina, Fast and Furious 6, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit plus many other Russian full length feature films. He will give some life-hacks, share his experiences of working as a local subcontractor on large foreign productions, go over the main UPM duties and compare Hollywood productions with European and Russian productions.
Day 1, 10-15
- What types of producers are out there and what their roles are? Who is a line producer?
- Terminology of international productions
- Script breakdown, scheduling
- Hiring the crew, budget planning.
- Life-hacks and recommendations
- Assignment of an exercise (e.g. 30 minutes) and presentation and feedback
Day 2, 10-15
Unit production manager
- Who is a unit production manager and what are his/her tasks?
- Day-to-day production decisions
- Budget schedules and personnel
- Specifics of working on a large foreign production (e.g. Hollywood production) as local UPM. Sharing experiences from films with film excerpts as examples (e.g. Anna Karenina, Fast and the Furious 6, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit etc.)
- Case studies of different special cases and risk analysis (effect heavy productions, stunt-heavy productions, working with international A-list actors and directors etc.)
- Conclusions and discussion
Sergey Yakhontov on IMDB:
Sergey Filmography as Production Manager:
- Brestskaya krepost (Aleksander Kott)
- The Darkest Hour (Chris Gorak)
- Resident Evil: Retribution (Paul W.S. Anderson)
- Anna Karenina (Joe Wright)
- Fast and the Furious 6 (Justin Lin)
- RED 2 (Dean Parisot)
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Kenneth Branagh)
aadressNarva mnt 27, 10120 Tallinn
Telefon(+372) 6199 908, (+372) 509 6692