Do you have language requirements for exchange students?
Yes, the minimum level of proficiency is B2 (CEFR) for BA and MA students and C1 (CEFR) for PhD students. Exchange students have to send a certificate about their language proficiency.

Do I have to send my application documents by post? 
No, you do not have to send your application documents by post, only the electronic versions are required. Please fill in the online application form together with your study plan (the courses which you are planning to follow at Tallinn University) and attach your scanned Transcript of Records in English (your study results from your home university), certificate of language proficiency and copy of the identification document (passport or ID). The deadline for submitting your application is June 1 for the Autumn Semester and Academic Year, and November 1 for the Spring Semester. 


How can I apply for a place in the dormitory? 
In your online application, please mark whether you would like to apply for a place in the dormitory. If places are available in the dormitory, then a housing offer will be sent to you by e-mail after you have been officially accepted for exchange studies at Tallinn University. There is a limited number of places at Tallinn University dormitory and unfortunately a place cannot be offered to all exchange students. 

My plan is to stay in the dormitory for one month (September) and then I want to search for a little flat. Is it possible to book the dormitory for one month?
Not all students who apply will get a place in the dormitory. We prefer to book places for students who will stay in the dormitory for the whole study period. If you want to stay in a private apartment we suggest that you start looking for a place at least one month before your arrival. Additional information can be found here

Where can I find information about renting an apartment in Tallinn? 
Please see here.

I am planning to rent a flat in Tallinn, but I do not know which part of the city is the best place for living?
Most of Tallinn University's buildings are located in the centre of the city (Kesklinn). The main campus in the city centre has very good connection by public transportation with Lasnamäe and Kristiine districts.


Where can I find information about courses in English?
Please find information about courses offered in English at If you have any questions about the courses, please contact the Departmental Erasmus Coordinator of the academic unit which is offering the course.

Who is my Departmental Erasmus Coordinator?
Every student has his/her own home academic unit and each academic unit has their own Departmental Erasmus Coordinator, who will help with your studies at Tallinn University (selecting courses, signing the Learning Agreement, etc). If you are taking courses from other academic units, then you can also ask for help from the other Departmental Erasmus Coordinators. Please find all the contacts at

Who will sign my learning agreement and changes to the learning agreement?
Your learning agreement and changes to the learning agreement will be signed by your Departmental Erasmus Coordinator at Tallinn University. Only the last part, After the Mobility, will be signed by the Incoming Mobility Senior Specialist.

Do I have to participate in the Orientation for International Students? 
Yes, participating in the Orientation is obligatory. This is a good opportunity to obtain information which will help you make your stay in Tallinn and studies at Tallinn University successful and pleasant. During the Orientation you will also meet other international students who are starting their studies at Tallinn University. For more information, please see

Can I write and defend my thesis at Tallinn University during my exchange studies? 
It is possible to use Tallinn University library and databases for writing your thesis. It is not possible to defend your thesis during your exchange studies.


Where can I get the European Health Insurance Card?
You should obtain the European Health Insurance Card from the social service authorities in your home country before arriving in Estonia.

What is the Erasmus code of Tallinn University?